What is a Social Media Marketing Strategy?
A sound social media marketing strategy with the right tools and metrics is imperative for getting social media marketing efforts rewarded. A social media following is crucial for your content and promotion of your blog that can only be achieved by putting the right techniques at the right place. In order to get the social presence for a better relationship, you should follow the given guide below tips for better social media presence for your blog It will assist you in planning the right to improve your social media marketing strategy in simple easy steps so that you avoid the pitfalls and expect to get results in a few weeks only.
Most Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy Tips For Your Website
1. Collaborate Social Media Metrics with Content Development:
Once you understand the company’s goals for social media content delivery you can develop an actionable and achievable social media marketing strategy. Depending upon the objective, there are varied social media goals and should be focused independently. Following are the considerations for you to keep in mind while developing a social media content strategy.
- Your metric should involve subscribers and followers on your social platforms like Twitter and Facebook if you intend to create a following.
- If your plan is to generate traffic, the metric should focus on target audience from social websites where you have implemented your social media campaigns.
- Your metrics focus on the precise dollar value for each lead your social post generates if your purpose is to generate revenue respectively.
- If your intention is to only generate interaction, your metric will concentrate on quantity and type of commentary.
2. Begin with a Big Brand Mindset:
Suppose you have a small business then you can learn from the big brand’s approach to online social media networks. One good example is of Starbucks on Facebook having 34 million fans. From time to time Starbucks offers promotions on Facebook as they get higher visibility and provide affordable incentives that entice customers to follow the brand. The following three objectives should be considered by you;
- Create content that visitors want to discuss.
- Look up for their customers and search groups on where they discuss content.
- You should engage and listen to the customers through social media platforms.
3. Focus on Multiple Updates daily:
Your social media marketing strategy is dependent on ensuring that your posts and updates can be seen by the larger number of target audience. All such tactics will ensure you high levels of social engagement. You can use the following three tactics;
- Post to multiple social media websites.
- Post and share content at good times which is between 8 am to 8 pm to Facebook and Twitter.
- You should post 1 to 4 times on Facebook and 5 to 10 times on Twitter on the daily basis.
4. Make use of Social data:
Unless you have clear goals about your objectives, marketing with social media marketing strategy can become a daunting task. In this regard, you have to assess what you will do about the information you gather through LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter. You have to analyze the tons of data and information and it will help your business in the given ways;
- Identify relevant content and issues.
- Evaluate real-time market mood.
- Execute competitive research.
- Provide internal operational metrics.
- Determine user interests.
5. Take advantage of the latest Google Analytics Social Reports:
Recently, Google introduced ‘Data Hub Activity’ and Trackbacks reports that provide marketers with detailed insights into social networks and how the users respond to the content of the business or brand. The ‘Data Hub Activity’ report will enable you to track how people are engaging and talking with your content on social media. You can view the recent URL shared by people and where they re-shared as well. While the ‘Trackbacks’ report will display websites that linked your content and under which context respective. This report will allow you to build relationships with those visitors who link your website frequently and enable you to replicate successful content. Check out the complete inside report in google analytics.
6.Use infographics with your Content:
The infographics are the visual representation of data, knowledge or information that can be read clearly and quickly. When you use infographics, you get the following benefits;
- Infographics offer a powerful and simple viral marketing tool to convey the message easily about the company’s products and services.
- Infographics are now shared much across social networks like Facebook and Twitter than the online content.
- Infographics get more shares and like across LinkedIn, Twitter and StumbleUpon than the content.
- Infographics are easy to consume, share and understand.
7.Make the website or blog Mobile-Friendly:
Since last 2 years, more people are accessing websites through mobile devices. The search for topics and get the latest information on the go when they need it. So, your website should have a mobile-friendly version which should load quickly and help visitors to navigate easily. You can follow the given 8 tips to make the right mobile version of the website.
- Landing pages should be simple.
- Design the layout carefully.
- Use Responsive Mobile Friendly Templates for the Better look.
- Only provide that content which offers value to the visitors.
- Design the mobile version for multiple browsers and device compatibility.
- Provide a link to your full website.
- Always include social media sharing buttons.
- Focus on usability only.
- Use mobile redirects and automate the experience.
Tip on how to create a successful social media marketing strategy
For you to make a mark initially, you should know about social media marketing strategy for your strategy on social media. They are mentioned below.
- Quality Content: Quality content is key for your business message to be heard and delivered well in the social media world. You have to focus on quality first and then go for quantity wisely. The qualitative creative content will provide you the retention and following that you expect to achieve. The reality is that the number of followers is no longer important, rather the type of followers you have remains good for your social presence and business.
- The hashtag is the new norm: Nowadays, much emphasis is laid on hashtags to optimize the social media accounts. You have to follow this trend apart from the SEO strategy that you implement or the content. The hashtags are the real catch for your social media users, no matter they are present on Instagram, Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter respectively.
- Spread social links everywhere: You need to make your social presence felt on different social networks. You should use web pages, emails, and your bio to inform your followers that you are available to them and will connect as well. You can place your social links in the website footer, email signature and the company bio across Facebook and LinkedIn. The social links should be present on the ‘About Us’ page of your website too.
- Stay informed about the latest trends and topics: Those who follow the latest news and updates take advantage of first by writing instant compelling content and sharing it as well. So, make sure that you follow people who are more likely to spot new trends occurring and then share them. You can search for such people by analyzing their past tweets.
- Invest in time to earn your following: As a business or brand, you have to be active with your social media visibility. This means you need to conduct some social research and discover your audience in real-time respectively. Simply put you have to understand your social media following and how best to meet their needs. So, you have to learn to give what your followers want which is valuable content and services. The information has to be clear, authentic and follow brand transparency so that visitors always follow you and make informed decisions.
- Always strive for value first, offer later: Your main aim should center on providing value first before you sell your product or service. This means 80 percent of your content should focus on information, entertainment and update; while the 20 percent should mention about you and your brand only.